Tuesday 30 December 2014

Christmas Decoration Madness

I LOVE Christmas. It is literally my most favourite time of the year, and I started preparing for it about... A month ago? Halfway through October? As soon as I was done with Halloween? Yep, I'm kind of crazy about it. This is probably not the most helpful post ever, given that it's actually after Christmas now, but it's never too early to start preparing for it, right? Anyway, I've still got my decorations up in  my room, because I'm determined to stay Christmassy until it's Easter. Saying that, I think there should be like a mini Christmas halfway through the summer or something. A whole year is just too long to wait.

So, decorations. Obviously I wanted my room to look fabulous, but I didn't want to spend much money. I think in total I spent maybe 6 or 7 pounds, mostly because I went to the 99p store. My Christmas 'tree' is probably my favourite decoration - only it's not a real tree, or even an artificial one. Instead I got some silver spray paint from the 99p store, some branches from my garden, some chicken wire, a bucket and some teeny baubles (99p store again).
I just sprayed the branches silver, stuck them into the chicken wire, and then put that in the bucket. I was really pleased with how it turned out in the end, and it only cost me £2! (Or £1.98 if you want to be picky.) My next decoration was the paper dahlia wreath thing you can see on the bucket in the picture. I followed a tutorial I found on pinterest (I'm such an addict) but I can't remember what it was, so this is something similar : http://www.lovepomegranatehouse.com/paper-dahlia-wreath/
I had a vintage book hanging around that I didn't want, so I cut it up (sob) and used it here. It was really easy, though time consuming (and slightly embarrassing - my 7 year old sister's version was far superior to mine.) All you need is a circle of card, a glue gun (or strong glue), some pretty papers and a lot of time. My last craft was a paper chain - I made it in silver card and I was very pleased with how it turned out. Obviously it's super simple, but it looks pretty classy (in my humble opinion)

 I then went a bit crazy in the 99p store, and got a load of baubles to line my shelves and some pretty twinkly fairy lights that I put around my bed's headboard. I think I'm going to keep them all year round, despite how hard it is to turn them on and off (I 'borrowed' and extension lead thingy which is now under my bed. No one has noticed thus far.)
This is my lovely book shelf. You've probably noticed how gorgeous and old all of the books are. That, my friend, is no coincidence. There is this awesome book shop in town which has a load of antique books, so I completely filled my shelves with a load of books that I am never going to read because now it looks PRETTY! Haha! 
 My beds headboard now looks fabby, as I mentioned before. These lights are actually a Christmas present, and come from Ikea I believe (oh how I love it).
 My boldest Christmas decoration is in the picture above. Not either of the skulls (it's a Sherlock thing) but the TINSEL! It's sparkly, silver and very cheap sooo. I think I might wear it as a scarf. I'll let you know on that front. Another (the last) sparkly thing is my adorable little reindeer which is from the 99p store again, although I don't think it looks like it (and you must pretend you don't as well because I love it).

Basically, I love it all (No matter how much I get annoyed with the Christmas tree thing when I knock it over and break all the branches AGAIN). I wish Christmas was all year round.

No comments:

Post a Comment