Wednesday 29 April 2015

DIY Beautiful Nail Polish Daisy Bracelet Present


                                     

I don't know about you, but I'm not made of money. (No, my skin isn't paper, but that's not what I meant) However, I've learnt the basics of this thing that you humans call 'friendship', and it involves being nice to the people who you wish to be friends with.  This includes caring about birthdays, hence presents, hence the moaning at the beginning of this waffling. I didn't call this a tutorial, because I didn't manage to take pictures at every stage, but I'll explain how I made this bracelet for my friend Megan. It looks really pretty (in my humble opinion) and can be made with things you probably have around the house anyway. By the way, I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while, but I've had exams, which were *fun*. I should be revising for my last one now really, but I'm going to sleep on my  book instead, to see if history knowledge just seeps into my brain. I'm sure I'll do fine.

                                   



You'll need:
Nail polish
Jewellery wire, or some other thinnish wire
Um.
That's it.
Oh, you should probably invest in some patience too

                                   
                                   
The first thing you have to do is make a bunch of teeny little wire flowers, with about 5 or six petals each. You can make the petals even by wrapping the wire round a pencil, and make sure you leave pretty long 'stems'. Next, fill in the petals with nail polish. This honestly does work, by some sort of voodoo magic, and the picture below is from a tutorial on : http://www.goodshomedesign.com/diy-spring-flower-wire-nail-polish/
                                       
                                         DIY-Spring-Flower

You probably need about 12 of these little daisies. When you've made them, and they're dry, you can start to make little hoops at the end of them, and then start hooking them together. This is the best part - it feels like primary school all over again, because you literally loop them together like a daisy chain. (If you don't know how to do this then get outside right now and make you some daisy chains. This is a part of childhood, and if you're no longer a child then you're going to have to start now instead to make up for lost time)

                                     


.
Keep going until you've got a chain that will easily fit round your wrist, and then you finish it off, just like a daisy chain.



If you're fancy, and you've got clasps, then you could use those like a proper jewellery person, but if not (like me, sadly), then just make a loop out of the last daisy's stem, which is big enough to fit the first daisy's head through.

                                     
One you've done that you can dab clear nail polish or glue on the backs of all the bits where the daisies connect, or not if you'd rather it falls apart.




Megan really liked the bracelet (or at least, she seemed like she did. She does take drama though... Nah, I like to think it was all real.), so it was extremely successful, and something I wish I didn't have to give away.



Let me know if you had ago, and I'll be back soon. Next time I'll write there'll be no more exams for a whole year *silent partying* (my parents are looking at me a bit weirdly, but they don't even bother questioning my oddness any more. AI don't know whether to be offended or not)
Until next time
x

No comments:

Post a Comment