Friday 3 July 2015

A Day Out

Our school had an inset day a couple of weeks back. Imagine if you were getting married tomorrow. And you haven't planned the wedding. And you don't have a dress. And you don't know your finance's name. And that you realised this at about four  o clock in the morning. Then multiply that scene by 1200, which is the amount of people at our school, and you've almost got the sense of panic and pressure that appears whenever an inset is announces. It's unwritten law that you have to do something and that that something has to be fun, so much fun that it looks better than the queens coronation when it's being filmed for snapchat. You have to smile and laugh until your face hurts, and you have to enjoy it. This usually means that almost all of our school empties itself into Portsmouth, and in particular, Gunwarf Quays. 

Ice Cream at Scoops

This leads to some awkward chats with people that you know, but don't really want to talk to, which is extra annoying, because the likelihood is that they don't want to talk to you either because they want to have fun so others get jealous, so you're just stuck in a terrifying circle of forced politeness and silence, edging your way towards another shop, or toilet, or both. On this particular inset, a bae and I were particularly low on money, so we went shopping (obviously). This mostly consisted of having dares that we wrote on the train, and picking them out from bags at opportune times. It was ridiculously fun, I have to say, despite the fact that the part of Portsmouth that we went to isn't exactly beautiful, or a tourist attraction. I got some nice things though, including some jelly wedges that make my feet bleed, but make my legs look pretty good, so it's a fair price to pay, since I thought I was going to have to sell my soul to make me feel better about my legs.


My friend and I also talked loads, which ranged from gossip (obviously) to summer plans, which is when we came up with the summer bucket list, which I'll post soon. The people above are the ones responsible for making me go into fits of hysterical laughter. To be fair, the main reason I laughed was because we were ever so slightly following them, because they looked so cool, and we were jealous of their street style. We also managed to get LOADS of Lush testers totally free from a lovely Lush employee, and she was thinking the right thing, because I'm now a complete convert.



We ate pancakes for lunch, because we were feeling particularly healthy, and we ate at scoops, which sounds like it's purely an ice cream store, but apparently not, so that was a nice surprise.


We poepl watched for a while too, holding Costa coffees and trying to avoid another bunch of TPS kids who were wandering around aimlessly in Topshop. It was embarrassing, for some reason, but we also kind of wanted to follow them, although I'm not sure why. Maybe it was curiosity.


Overall, it was an amazing day, and we managed to prove that you don't need money to have fun at a shopping center. You learn something new every day. By the way, do you like my new template? Let me know, and also let me know if anyone wants to guest post, or anything. Follow me, my little penguins, and see you soon.
Until next time
x

No comments:

Post a Comment